Monday 29 August 2011

I'm cooked*.....and I've got 26 more weeks of this!!!!!

I've now completed three weeks of my training with 26 left and I'm done like an over cooked Sunday roast. 

I had this great idea, I would forget about my training programme for swimming and biking which are currently low miles and train for the whole time available.  Since I am in the 'Endurance' phase (low slow distance - LSD) I thought it would be easy but unfortunately it's not!  I am feeling like I have been hit by a large dump truck several times over, my shoulders feel like they could fall off at anytime, legs are so full of lactic acid it hurts to walk up 4 stairs in to my house and I can't stop eating.

I will stick with this new plan/idea for a few more weeks, hoping body adjusts quickly and I don't pick up any major injuries.  If I can't handle it, I will go back to my original plan.
This Saturday should see me racing my first club road race in 8 weeks.  If there is one course that doesn't suit me, THIS IS IT!  The race starts in Eastbourne, goes over Wainui Hill,out to the coast and back.  AHHHH,I can hear the dump truck picking up speed already. 

*After a quick search on Wikipedia to see how overseas readers would interpret "buggered" I decided to use the term 'cooked' meaning 'stuffed.'  In New Zealand "bugger/ed" is a common word and made famous in this great add.

No comments:

Post a Comment