Tuesday 16 August 2011

Cross Training

They say the best way to keep motivated during the "off season" is to cross train. The last two days have been fantastic due to a once in a lifetime snow storm.  To top it off school was closed today and will be tomorrow so I plan to get as much "cross training" in as possible :)
Monday afternoon Greg and I took our downhill bikes up Tunnel Gully to play in the snow.
Tuesday morning Greg and I took the quads up Mt Climie.  We got about 3/4 of the way up when the snow became too deep and we were just wheel spinning on the steeper sections.  Fantastic time and it'll be recorded as a core workout :)

 
Tuesday afternoon with the snow coming down thick and fast I felt compelled to go up Canon Point.  The cyclocross bike was the first option but taking into consideration the amount of snow that would be up there I pulled out the cross country bike (tomorrow will see the downhill bike have a turn).  To be biking up Canon Point in powder snow up to my hubs and not a soul in sight was very surreal.  

  
Tuesday night was finished off with a cold can of Coke and a deliciouls meal of fish and chips from Brown Owl, the best inUpper Hutt!

Wednesday brought the rain so it was another quick trip up Cannon Point to enjoy one last downhill run.  I was surprised to see that the logging trucks were working so I decided to come down the Zig Zag.  Slow going but a lot of fun!!!!

Thursday was back to work to share our snow stories.  After work I also visited the surgeon for the last time, he gave me the green light to start walking/running.  My physio would like me to start next week so I will follow his advice as an extra week won't make much difference.
Friday jumped on the indoor trainer for an hour                                               
Saturday gentle road ride with Greg around the valley, nice to feel the warmth of the sun.                          
Sunday quick swim then in the afternoon dusted off my cyclocross bike and took it for a spin up the logging track, video recorded my run down and it came out much better than the Zig Zag.  Hope to post it on YouTube soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment