Sunday 18 September 2011

North Island Cyclocross Champs

All week I had planned on NOT racing the North Island Cyclocross Champs as I didn't see how it would benefit my Ironman training, surely a long run would be more useful, wouldn't it?

After another quiet week of training, I was feeling fresh for the weekend (nice change).  On Saturday, Andy and I popped over the hill, around the lake and back over the hill, hopefully a practise for the Vets race in two weeks time.

Sunday morning rolled round and the thought of missing out on a race just across the bridge was too great.  Upon arrival, I was impressed with the atmosphere, C grade had just finished and the kids were lining up to start.   I raced B Grade on my cross bike and as a little reward those on cross bikes got to start at the front.
Below is a video of my first lap of 12.





The great thing about living so close is that I was able to watch the start of A Grade, pop home have lunch then return to take some great action shots.  Below is Stuart Stent, clear jump, nice height, level pedals, I score him 8.9


To see all the other photos, chick here



A Grade start.


No comments:

Post a Comment